First of all, A FEW REMINDERS:
We'll leave from my house, 540 Matchpoint Dr., between 8-9 am Monday, July 28.
If you haven't turned in your permission slip by then (I'll be passing them around at Scouts on Tuesday or you can click on the link to the right, print out a form and sign it) I'll be collecting them Monday.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Sleeping gear (pillow, sleeping bag or blankets, foam pad.
- Spare clothing (please bring your Scout uniform, as we will have full-dress activities such as morning flag ceremonies, etc.) including pants, shorts, t-shirts, hat, jacket (you never know what kind of weather Island Park will throw at you) spare socks and underwear, pajamas, tennis shoes, hiking shoes and a pair of clogs or sandals. Do not, for the love of Mike, forget your swimsuit. There's lots of swimming, boating, etc.
- Toiletries including soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush and paste, comb, towel, bug spray, sunscreen, etc. The camp does have nice hot showers.
- Flashlight, pocket knife (if desired, no blades longer than 3"), notebook and pencil.
- Fun things to bring might include a camera, cash for the trading post (they sell camp t-shirts, souvenirs, candy, etc.), a walking stick (we'll be going on a hike).
CONTACTING ME AT CAMP:
We're at the Riversbend camp at Island Park Scout Camp. If for any reason you need to contact me at camp, please feel free to use my cell number, 569-9814.
The camp is located in Island Park, Idaho.If you've got an itch to visit, Thursday night at about 7 pm would be a good night to visit, as we'll host a troop all-you-can-eat ice cream contest, courtesy of the Ammon 11th Ward bishopric.
WHAT WE'LL BE DOING:
Scout Camp has two focuses: Fun and advancement. Scouts will have lots of fun at the water front, archery and rifle ranges, climbing tower, hiking, nature area and other spots. There are also lots of advancement opportunities, ranging from merit badges to rank advancement. I've got a pretty good bean on what all the scouts in the troop need to do to progress, so they'll be kept busy but be rewarded with merit badges or rank advancements (or both) before the week is out.
Questions? Please let me know at the email address to the right.